2015年12月16日 星期三

Day 125: Boston (Museum of Fine Arts)

This is the reason why I always tell people busy is good. If you keep yourself busy, you won't have time to think of something bad. I finally fell asleep after I cried until I'm too exhausted yesterday, and that made me tired this morning, but my trip to Museum of Fine Arts today healed me, 2/100 of me.
這是為什麼我總是告訴別人忙碌是好的。如果你讓自己很忙,就不會有時間想不好的事。昨天哭到累才睡著,讓我今天早上有點累,但去波士頓美術館治癒了我,一百分之二的我。


Because the museum is big, I chose to attend four guided tours, and used the time in between to see the other displays I'm interested in.
因為美術館很大,我決定聽四場導覽,然後用中間的時間去看特別想看的展品。

The first tour was Highlights of the Museum Collections. I didn't take pictures of all the collections we saw, only some. This is The Rotunda Dome which locates at second floor after walking up from the stairs you see at the main gate. The paintings are visions of the museum.
第一場導覽是館藏精選,我沒有拍所有介紹的展品,只有一些。這是一進門,上樓梯後,位於二樓的巨筒圓頂。壁畫呈現的是美術館的意象。



This is how it's like looking down from the stairs.
從樓梯看下去長這樣。


Guanyin.
觀音

















This collection was called Untitled, and made of Styrofoam cups. The artist was famous for repetitive pieces of art. Some people think this work looks like a cloud while others think it's reproducing cells. What do you think?
這個展品叫「無題」,是用保麗龍杯做成的。作者是以連續重複素材的作品聞名的。有些人覺得這像一朵雲,有些人覺得是正在複製的細胞。你覺得呢?






There are six flying figures hanging along this hallway. It's called "I thought I could fly"
總共有六個飛行小人吊掛在這條長廊,這個作品叫「我以為我能飛」。


Seeing from the other side of the hallway, there's a contemporary painting on the wall.
從長廊另一端看,牆上有當代畫作。











European dining room. Trying to imitate the the authentic dining room, the display of the plates, the paintings on the wall and the spacious room give you a royal ambiance.
歐風飯廳。仿效真正的飯廳,陳列的碗盤、牆上的畫作與寬敞的空間給你一種貴族的氛圍。








Juno. She's 130 pounds, and 13 feet. The tallest Greek mythology statue in the US, and because she was in a garden of a wealthy family in Brookline, MA for more than a hundred years, they spent two years to clean her up.
朱諾。她130磅(60公斤),13呎(4公尺)。是美國境內最高的希臘神話雕像,而且因為她之前是被擺在Brookline一戶有錢人家的院子一百多年,他們花了兩年才清理完成。


I didn't have a good chance to take this picture when we walked up.
上樓的時候沒機會拍。
















King of Giza at the time. The head is small because it's depicted as if looking from downside.
埃及當時的國王。頭很小因為是呈現由下往上看。
















The second tour was Introduction to the Contemporary Collection. I took a picture of this because apparently it's something mom would like. A piece of art made of glass and ink, very amazing work!
第二場導覽是當代藝術展品介紹。照這張照片因為顯然這是媽咪會喜歡的東西。玻璃與墨水做成的藝術品,非常驚人的作品!


This collection is interesting. Take a look at next picture~
這件展品很有趣,看下一張照片。










A lot of mountains and valleys appear with a different angle.
從另一個角度看,很多山谷跑出來。











Mirror infinite collection.
鏡面無限延伸。


different angle
從另一個角度看












They are bottle wrappers.
各種飲料包裝紙。













The full collection looks like this. The artist used bottle wrappers as his material to accuse water pollution. The black part represents the black rivers.
完整的作品看起來是這樣。作者用飲料包裝紙作為素材來控訴水汙染,黑色的部分是黑色的河流。


It's a simple color ladder collection, but...
這是很簡單的色階作品,但...












It includes good calculation, if you look it from the red side, it looks like a rectangular instead of a trapezoid.
其實有精密的計算。如果你從紅色這邊看過去,是一個長方形而非梯形。










I didn't like this collection in particular, but Marty loves red guitar, of course I have to take a picture of this piece of art, haha.
我並沒有特別喜歡這件展品,但是馬蹄愛紅色吉他,我當然一定要照一下這件藝術品XD


This collection was made of a painting and some hay. Interesting is that there's glass over this piece of art, but not because of protection, but because whenever there are people pass by and their reflections look like people in the woods.
這件展品是用一幅畫與一些乾草創作而成的。






There are some holes on this collection that people can look into this piece of art. The beehive-like structure, dirt-like cover on the wires and patch-like sections make you feel like looking into the universe.
這件展品上有一些洞讓參觀民眾看進這件藝術品中。像蜂窩一樣的結構、泥土般蓋在鐵絲上的部分與補釘一樣的色塊讓你感覺像看像宇宙。





This collection is called "Wing", but the liquid-like representation gives it an interesting look.
這件展品叫「翅膀」,但液體般的呈現方式讓它看起來很特別。


This collection was made by a Japanese artist who died when he was 28 years old because of an explosive making art. He used a lot of different material to make this piece of art, and cut it into three parts when some of the material was liquid and still hot. This nature-like wok was born!
這件展品是一位28歲就因為創作時的爆炸而過世的日本藝術家創作的。他用很多不同的素材創作這件藝術品,然後在有些素材還很熱,仍是液體的時候切為三份。這件如自然景觀般的作品於焉誕生!


The third tour was Art of the Ancient World. I didn't take any picture of this tour, not that I don't like the collections of this section, but because they're usually more scary if I keep the pictures. (sounds so superstitious, haha) No, I'm just not interested in keeping photos of mummies or things like that.
第三場導覽是古代藝術。我沒有照任何照片,不是因為我不喜歡這個單元的展品,而是因為拍它們通常比較恐怖。 (聽起來好迷信XD) 不是啦,我就只是沒興趣拍木乃伊之類的東西的照片。

The last tour I had today was Art of Europe. Since there's only me on the tour, it became a private one. I asked a lot of questions, and because it's European art, a lot of the contents are related to Western Literature, I had some great discussions with the volunteer guide.
今天參加的最後一場導覽是歐洲藝術。因為只有我聽,就變成私人導覽了。問了好多問題,而且因為是歐洲的藝術,很多創作內容跟西洋文學概論有關,我跟導覽人員有很多很棒的討論。

It's the dining room again, but there's much less people now, so I took another picture.
又是歐風飯廳,但因為現在比較少人,我又拍了一張。











She told me how the monarchs treated their guests using the utensils on the wall, and how the liquor urn and rinsing urn work. I asked her whether they used ladder to retrieve the plates back then, she said she doesn't know, but it's a good question cuz even now, it's seems extremely difficult for us to get the upper ones.
她告訴我貴族們如何用這些牆上的器具來款待賓客,還有酒器與洗滌杯盤的甕如何使用。我問她當時他們是用梯子來取盤子嗎,她說她不知道,但這是個好問題,因為即使現在,要拿到最上面的那些盤子看起來都非常難。


I took this picture because I think mom would like it. Furniture in this room was the "salary" an American merchant received during the France Revolution because France government wasn't able to pay him money.
照這張照片也是因為覺得媽咪會喜歡。這間房間裡的家具都是一個美國商人在法國大革命期間獲得的「薪水」,因為法國政府無法付給他錢。





I seldom appeared in pictures in my diary, but because this became a private tour, my guide suggested that we could take a picture together. In front of her favorite collections in the room: Monet's Water Lilies series, we took a picture and ended my awesome day at the Museum of Fine Arts.
我幾乎不出現在我日記的照片當中,但因為這變成私人導覽,我的導覽人員提議我們可以一起拍張照。在這件展示廳裡她最愛的展品:莫內的睡蓮系列前,我們拍了一張照片,結束我今天在波士頓美術館美好的一天。

It's also my first time taking subway and bus back home myself. It's convenient and easy, and the most awesome of all was that I asked a Korean for directions at bus station in Boston. After that, we chatted for a while. She used to be a psychologist in Korea, and now teaches Korean here in the US. I feel so happy that I could have the conversation.
今天也是我第一次自己搭電車與公車回家。很方便又很簡單,最棒的是在Boston公車站向一個韓國人問路,她一講英文就發現是韓國人了,又搭同路,就聊了滿久。她以前在韓國是心理學家,現在在美國教韓文。真開心我有辦法這樣對話。

I bought two decks of play cards for mom and a set of color pencil for Amanda. I don't like shopping and spending money, but I like buying thoughtful gifts for people I love.
買了兩副撲克牌給媽咪還有色鉛筆給Amanda。我不喜歡買東西也不喜歡花錢,但我喜歡買貼心的禮物給我愛的人。

Day 2: 
Everything happens for a reason... sometimes good things fall apart so better things can come together.

I just wanted to find an optimistic quote every day to cheer myself up while I'm counting, but this somehow matches what I need. I'm pretty sure 2/100 of me was put together.
我只是想要在數日子的時候每天找一句樂觀的句子來鼓舞自己,但這句某種程度上吻合我的需求。我可以肯定一百分之二的我已經復原了。
















沒有留言:

張貼留言