2015年12月21日 星期一

Day 130: Boston (New England Aquarium, MIT, NBA)

 I went to New England Aquarium in the morning. The very first exhibition is the penguins. They're sooooo cute~~
早上去了新英格蘭水族館,一進場館映入眼簾的就是超可愛的企鵝們。








Close up~ They're not baby penguins, they're just small and cute.
特寫~~ 他們不是企鵝寶寶,他們就只是很小很可愛而已。











Since it's aquarium, most of the exhibitions are tanks. Flashlights are not allowed, and I don't want to take pictures with glass in between, so didn't take a lot of pictures. I didn't check the schedule of training, but I happened to see the 12:30 fur seals & sea lions training.
因為是水族館,大部分的展區都是水缸。不能使用閃光燈,而且我不想隔著玻璃拍照,所以沒有拍很多照片。我沒有查訓練的時間表,但是剛好看到12點半的海狗海獅訓練。

This is a fur seal.
牠是海狗。


This is a sea lion. He knows how to play hide and seek.
牠是海獅,牠會玩捉迷藏。












I got some gifts for mom and Amanda. Korean friend Jinsung told me to go to outlet and get my mom some brand bags, but I know she wouldn't like  it even if I spend a lot of money for her. I always want something thoughtful as gifts. Besides, although I don't like girl's stuff myself, I still know what'll catch Amanda's eyes. I picked an azure glass turtle decoration for mom and a turquoise dolphin tail fin necklace for Amanda. (I like it myself, it's just I won't have any opportunity to wear it, haha.) Hope they'll like it.
買了一些禮物給媽咪和Amanda。韓國朋友Jinsung叫我去outlet買名牌包給媽咪,但我知道即使我為這個花很多錢她也不會喜歡。我總是想要貼心的禮物。而且,雖然我自己不喜歡女生的東西,我還是知道Amanda會喜歡什麼。我挑了一個湛藍的玻璃烏龜裝飾給媽咪還有一個藍綠色的海豚尾鰭項鍊給Amanda(我自己很喜歡,但我根本不可能有機會戴XD) 希望她們會喜歡。

The aquarium is next to the bay, so I got to see the sea which suits my need of salty water now, haha. It's cloudy, but looking at sea is soothing no matter what.
水族館在海邊,所以我可以看到符合我現在需求的鹹水:海。天氣陰陰的,但是看海無論怎麼樣都撫慰人心。







This is definitely the best way cheering up.
這絕對是提振精神最好的方法了。



You can take whale seeing cruise here.
可以在這搭賞鯨船。














I like how the reefs and rocks look like under the sea.
很喜歡海面下礁岩與石頭看起來的樣子。











Cruises.
郵輪們。


This is how the harbor looks like.
港口看起來是這樣。













I don't know why I took this picture, but seeing the Argentina blue rope hanging on the rail, I want to take this picture.
我不知道為什麼我要拍這張照片,但只是看到那阿根廷藍的繩子懸吊在欄杆上,我就想拍下這張照片。









Close up of the cruise, and the reflection. I don't like this picture though, it doesn't seem that good, haha.
郵輪的特寫,還有水面的倒影。沒有很喜歡這張照片,覺得沒有很美XD


Although there's no snow yet, the winter scene in Boston is beautiful anyway.
雖然還沒下雪,但Boston的冬景不管怎麼樣還是很美。










I like how the sun affects how it looks like on the corner of this intersection.
很喜歡陽光如何影響這個路口街角看起來的樣子。










Christopher Columber Park. It's not a big park, but since Ernie said he's only free after three, I still have one more hour, this is the place my travel book recommended to go, and it's not far, I'm here.
波士頓哥倫布公園。不是很大的公園,但既然Ernie說他三點後才有空,我還有一小時,這是旅遊書推薦我的地方,又不遠,所以就來了。



How the corridor looks like with the trees next to it.
迴廊與旁邊的樹。












The corridor.
迴廊。

















This is Christopher Columbus Park, haha.
這可是哥倫布公園XD


I didn't notice that the park is actually next to the harbor, haha. Took another harbor picture from this angle.
沒發現公園原來就在港口旁邊XD 從這個角度照了另一張港口照片。










What caption to give? Um, flowers on the tree? Forget it.
要下什麼解說呢?ㄜ,樹上的花?算了。











Finally got a colorful picture in such cloudy day.
終於拍到一張比較有色彩的照片了。



On the bridge.
橋上一隅。













Meeting up with my dear Toastmasters president, Ernie Ho!!! at MIT~~ He gave me a tour of his campus. This weird-looking building complex is where his department is.
跟我最親愛的TM社長Ernie見面!!!在MIT麻省理工~~他幫我做了校園導覽。這棟奇怪造型的建築群是他的系館。








Because their former principal said "Getting an Education from MIT is like taking a drink from a Fire Hose," students in 1991 made this, and the school kept it until now.
因為前校長曾經說過「在麻省理工受教育就像從消防栓喝水一般。」當時1991年的學生做了這個,而學校也保留至今。


One of Ernie's classrooms.
Ernie的其中一間課堂教室。













Ernie told me to look at the third line excitedly, it's Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd.!!! One of the companies that helped building this complex.
Ernie興奮的叫我看第三行,是台積電!!!協助興建這棟建築的其中一間公司。









Morris Chang, the founder of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Ltd. He's an alumni of MIT. This is the list of those who helped building this complex.
張忠謀,台積電創辦人。他是MIT的校友。這是協助興建這棟建築的贊助人清單。


Beautiful MIT campus at night.
美麗的MIT夜景。













I still remember that because a lot of us were going to either exchange or graduate last semester, Ernie sang Eason Chen's Long Time No See, and said maybe someday in the future, we'll meet up at a cafe on the corner. I burst into tears after he sang it.  This is the cafe on the corner of his office. However, when I brought it up to him, he said I'm ridiculous!!! I took the picture when he went upstairs to get stuff. 
我還記得因為上學期很多人都要交換或畢業,Ernie唱了陳奕迅的好久不見,然後說或許有天我們會在街角咖啡店遇見。我因為他唱這首歌哭成什麼樣。這是他辦公室的街角咖啡店。結果,我跟他提到的時候,他居然說我無聊!!! 趁他上樓拿東西的時候拍了這張照片,哼哼。


The last big event of the day is the NBA game!!! Celtics vs. Wolves. It's a Celtics game with Kevin Garnett!!! Totally my dream comes true. Because of terrorism, we couldn't even bring our backpacks inside. Ernie went back to his office to put our backpacks... Fortunately, the game was awesome. Celtics won, and throughout the game, the audiences kept shouting "We want KG." I bet at least half of the people here today were here for KG. He wasn't on the list though, so he walked to the court and waved to the crowd when there's one minute left on the clock.
今天最後一件大事就是NBA啦!!!賽爾蒂克對灰狼。是一場有Kevin Garnett的塞爾蒂克比賽!!! 完全美夢成真。因為恐怖攻擊的關係,我們甚至不能帶背包進去。Ernie把我們的包包拿回他辦公室放... 還好,比賽很好看。賽爾蒂克贏了,而且整場比賽從頭到尾,全場觀眾一直喊「我們要KG。」我保證至少一半以上的人今天來都是為了KG。他根本沒有登錄,所以他在比賽剩一分鐘的時候走上場對眾人揮手。

 

Day 7: "Shoot for the moon, and even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars."- Norman Vincent Peale

This is my attitude towards every challenge I take and every opportunity I seize. 
這是我面對每個挑戰與我珍惜的每個機會的態度。










沒有留言:

張貼留言