2015年12月26日 星期六

Day 135: New Hampshire (First Ski Experience)

We came to Gunstock Mountain Resort in Tilton, New Hampshire with Kairan's friend, Tahn's family to have a three-day ski trip, and it's my first time skiing. Lucky enough, there's a three-day beginner package with only 100 dollars. More amazing was that there's only me in this class, so two instructors taught me together.
我們與Kairan的朋友Tahn一家一起到位於Tilton新罕布夏的Gunstock滑雪場度過為期三天的滑雪旅行,這是我第一次滑雪。很幸運地,剛好有一個三天的新手套裝行程只要一百美金。更棒的是,只有我一個人在這個班上,所以兩位教練一起教我。







Bill and Susie are very experienced. We didn't use ski at all at the beginning. Bill asked what sports do I play, and after I said basketball, he used basketball movements to let me be familiar with snow. Now, the skis show up, but still, no poles. I know how to roller-skate, so it's not so hard for me to learn the basic techniques moving with skis. After some tries on the carpet level, I already know how to switch my weigh on two legs to make turns.
Bill與Susie非常有經驗,我們一開始完全沒用滑雪板。Bill問我玩什麼運動,我說籃球之後,他開始用籃球的身體動作來讓我對雪更熟悉。這才是滑雪板登場的時候,但,依然沒有滑雪杖。因為我會溜直排輪,所以對我來說學習怎麼用滑雪板移動並不太難。在緩坡上試了幾次之後,我已經知道怎麼改變兩腳的重量來轉彎了。

My instructors thought it's really good that I haven't fallen, so they decided to take me to green trail. Wait, what!!!??? Up there, are you kidding? I just skied for about 15 minutes... Well, they believed I could do it, so we took the lift and went uphill.
我的教練們覺得我到現在都還沒跌倒很不錯,所以他們決定帶我上綠色(初級)雪道。等一下,什麼!!!??? 上去,有沒有搞錯?我才滑雪15分鐘... 恩,他們相信我可以,所以我們就搭了滑雪電纜車上山去。

The class was two hours long, and we went five or six times in total. I'm pretty sure that I fell less than 10 times, and most of them were because I lost control of the speed, panicked, I decided to SIT myself. Only one time was me crossing the skis which caused a fall.
兩個小時的課程,我們總共上去五、六次。我非常確定我跌不到10次,而且大部分都是因為我無法控制速度,很緊張,所以我就自己決定「坐下」。只有一次我不小心讓滑雪板交叉,才跌倒了。

It's fun trying to follow Bill or Susie's track, but I'm super timid and I'm super afraid of speed, so I stopped a lot of GOOD turns according to them. Susie said whenever my mind comes in, I screwed up, otherwise, I did very well, but overall, as a first time skier, I'm pretty good.
試著跟Bill或Susie滑過的軌跡很好玩,但我超膽小又超怕速度,所以我中斷了許多他們所謂「很棒」的轉彎。Susie說每次只要我的理智干涉,我就搞砸,不然的話,我做得很好,但總的來說,以一個第一次滑雪的人來講,我已經很棒了。

I thought that was just encouraging words because both of them are so friendly and apparently are good instructors, but Po-Shun saw our last run and Bill talked to him for a while, and he thinks I already learned a lot through this lesson. I'm glad that I give it a try, but skiing is still scary for me.
我以為這些只是鼓勵的話因為他們兩個都超友善而且顯然是很棒的教練,但是舅舅有看到我們最後一趟,而且Bill有跟他講一下話,舅舅覺得我這堂課已經學到很多了。我很高興我嘗試了,但滑雪對我來說還是很恐怖。

We stayed at Lake Opechee Inn and Spa. Apparently according to the name of the hotel, there's a lake in front of it, and it should be pretty at day. Our room is the biggest hotel room I've ever seen with one king bed and tween queen beds, and there's a real fire place in the room.
我們住在Opechee湖Spa旅館。顧名思義旅館前面有一座湖,白天應該很美。我們的房間是我看過最大的飯店房間了,有一張King size、兩張Queen size的床,房間裡還有一個真的璧爐。

We went to Fratello's Italian Grille to have dinner which Tahn's parents, who own a restaurant, recommended. I had Italian Sausage Sandwiches, and I believe we did order too much: three adults, three kids with six entrees. @@ They are goooood.
我們晚餐去Tahn開餐廳的爸爸媽媽推薦的義大利餐廳。我點了義大利香腸堡,而且我們決定點太多:三個大人、三個小孩,點了六份主餐@@ 他們超好吃。

Standing outside, Po-Shun asked me whether I smelled something or not. It's the smell of winter in Northern East because people burn wood to stay warm.
站在外面,舅舅問我有沒有聞到什麼。那是東北地區冬天的味道因為人們燒木頭取暖。

Day 12: “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” ― Dr. Seuss

I'll smile no matter what.
不管怎麼樣我都會笑。

沒有留言:

張貼留言