2015年12月31日 星期四

Day 140: Boston (New Year's Eve)

It's New Year's Eve, so we went to Boston Common to see ice sculptures and New Year's Eve event with kids' god parents and their family.
今天是12/31,所以我們跟孩子們的乾爹乾媽一家人到波士頓公園去看冰雕還有各種12/31的活動。

The parade started at 6. I didn't have time to switch mode at first, so some pictures are blurry. There were horses on the road.
遊行6點開始,一開始沒時間調成運動模式,所以有些照片很模糊。遊行有馬。










And bands.
還有樂隊。












All kinds of groups performing.
各種不同的表演團體。


They look like Royal guards.
看起來像皇家侍衛。












Carriage.
馬車。












This group belongs to New England Patriots.
這組表演團體是新英格蘭愛國者隊。



Taiwanese group!!!
台灣代表也參與遊行。

They even wore aboriginal costumes.
他們甚至穿原住民傳統服飾。













Some residents who drove cool or cute cars participated the parade as well.
一些開著很酷或很可愛車的民眾也參加遊行。


Taiwanese group made the holiday seem like Chinese New Year.
台灣團讓氣氛變得好像過年。











With Mandarin greetings.
還有中文祝賀詞。













Dragon & Lion dance. I have to say that even in Taiwan, we don't really see this even during Chinese New Year.
舞龍舞獅。必須說,即使在台灣,連過年都不見得看到了。


There were people riding on swans.
有人騎天鵝出場。












Walking on stilts.
踩高蹺。












The Prudential Center showed 16 on top of it.
保城中心在樓頂顯示了16。


After the parade ended, we kept walking until we arrived the ice sculpture.
遊行結束之後,一直走到冰雕。












Everyone wanted to be in the picture. It's so hard to get one without people inside.
每個人都想在照片裡,拍到沒人的真的很難。









jetBlue sculpture. They probably sponsored the event.
捷藍航空冰雕,大概是贊助商。


Don't know what it is, but there's Godzilla on it.
不知道這是什麼,但是上面寫了哥吉拉。












The whole event was called First Night Boston 2016 - First Day Boston. This was the main stage, and there were bands playing.
整個活動叫做2016波士頓第一夜第一日。這是主舞台,有樂團表演。









There's a clock within this sculpture, and there's a real countdown clock as well. We went there after 6, so it says 5 hrs more to 2016.
這座冰雕有一個時鐘,而且也有一個真正的倒數鐘。我們過六點到的,所以還有5個多小時才2016。


The firework started at 7. I think this is better for those with little kids or who can't stay outside until midnight to enjoy the celebration.
煙火七點開始。我覺得這對帶小孩的人還有不能在外面待到半夜的人來說很不錯,也能感受到慶祝的氛圍。








I only kept the good ones.
只留下比較好看的照片。



After the firework, we walked to Chinatown and wanted to have hot pot. You had to wait for three hours to get seats..., so we gave up, and decided to drive to somewhere away from Boston Common.
看完煙火,我們走去中國城想吃火鍋。要等三個小時才有位子...所以我們放棄,決定開車到離波士頓公園比較遠的地方吃。

It's already 10 after we finished our dinner. Although I didn't go countdown, this was definitely an unforgettable New Year's Eve.
吃飽飯已經十點了。雖然我沒有去倒數,但這絕對是難忘的12/31。

Day 17: “The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true.”  ― James Branch Cabell, The Silver Stallion












沒有留言:

張貼留言